Five Advices on Choosing Jewelry Pieces Matching Your Look
To elevate your game of styling your own look with sophistication, to choose the right jewelry to complement your outfits, hair, and face shape is crucial. Here are five pieces of advices:
Consider the Neckline of the Outfit:
- Pay close attention to the neckline of the clothing. Different necklines work better with specific necklace styles. For instance, a V-neck top pairs well with a pendant necklace that follows the neckline shape, while a crew neck goes nicely with shorter statement necklaces or chokers.
- High necklines can be enhanced with statement earrings or a bold bracelet. Lower necklines provide an opportunity to layer necklaces of varying lengths.
Match Jewelry with Hair Color and Style:
- Take the your hair color and style into account. Dark hair often pairs well with silver or white gold jewelry, while warmer tones of gold or rose gold complement lighter hair shades.
- Consider the hairstyle as well. If the hair is pulled up or away from the face, statement earrings can be a great choice. For long, flowing hair, necklaces or statement rings can work beautifully.
Assess Face Shape for Earrings and Necklaces:
- Different face shapes can be accentuated by the right jewelry choices. For example, individuals with a heart-shaped face can wear teardrop earrings to balance their features, while those with oval faces can pull off a wide range of earring styles.
- Round faces benefit from longer, angular earrings to add some length, and square faces can soften their look with hoop or oval-shaped earrings. Necklaces that create vertical lines can elongate the appearance of the neck and face.
Coordinate with the Outfit's Color and Style:
- Match the jewelry color with the color palette of the outfit. Complementary colors can create a harmonious look, while contrasting colors can make a bold statement.
- Consider the style of the outfit as well. Formal or elegant attire pairs well with classic jewelry like pearls or diamonds, while casual or bohemian styles can accommodate more eclectic, handmade pieces.
Balance Jewelry Pieces:
- Avoid overwhelming the overall look by balancing jewelry pieces. If the outfit is already intricate or patterned, opt for more understated jewelry. Conversely, if the outfit is simple and monochromatic, bold statement pieces can provide an eye-catching element.
- Consider layering different types of jewelry, like a combination of rings, bracelets, and necklaces, to create a harmonious yet textured appearance.
Personal style and comfort should also play a significant role in jewelry selection. It's important to experiment and find what makes you feel confident and beautiful, as ultimately, jewelry is an expression of your personality and taste.